Sunday 23 November 2014

CSS - HTML 5 Nav Tag

Playing with the <nav> tag


Apologies for the lack of a post yesterday - I simply didn't have enough time. However, that's not to say I haven't been doing some learning.

This weekend I've been looking into some of the tags that were introduced with HTML 5, specifically the <nav> tag, as well as some flat design ideas and CSS transitions.

I made a very simple navigation menu using the nav tag and the usual list of links, and then styled it with some ideas I had floating around in m head to do with flat design. Then I applied CSS transitions to give the links a nice gradual fade from one colour to a slightly darker shade on hover. I was please that everything worked completely first time - something that usually doesn't happen.

My shiny HTML 5 <nav> menu.





No comments:

Post a Comment